Sunday, April 22, 2012

An Highly Anticipated movie VS the generally B-Listed Action Movie, proves to be good in reverse



Alright everyone is facinated with The Lucky one and Think Like a Man.
But I didn’t go for the obvious choice this week. Reason, just because.
The two not so popular movies I went to actually proves to be great fun.
One is a film with the best dialog in script ever. Funny, witty and dangerous. The other is one with a great start and a bad ending. I must say.
You’d be surprised. The two movies I’m talking about are actually Lockout and Cabin in the wood.
At first I wasn’t really into Lockout. Simply because there’s nothing much to be interest about. U know the space prison thing been done dozens of time, and star Guy Pearce and Maggie Grace, not really your normal A-listed star. But to tell the truth, I’m kinda enjoy it. Without the star power, driving the whole movie along are fantastic dialog. The chemistry of Guy and Maggie is on spot, not romantically, just the dialog sparring part.
In comparison, the much anticipated Cabin in the Woods is like…… strange to watch. Well, not that it’s really logical when you watch the original version anyway. Cabin, killing, “the Evil Dead”-esque vibe.
The Evil Dead is as what people then say, strange to watch. Anyhow, I must say, I know that it’s a horror movie, and the name that comes in the movie is like Big Time, the younger generation attraction is Chris Hemsworth, and Jesse Williams, Anna Hutchison even Brian White. And of course the TV great producer, Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard plays a great attraction to me, and the most interesting set of actor/ actresses in the bunch is the Oscar and Golden Globe nominees, Richard Jenkins, Bradley Whitford and Sigourney Weaver?! Where can you get a casts that’s for diverse and creative as this. And Creative they did. Well. Too creative maybe. I’ll not blow the plot, I’ll just let you watch it yourself, I will say ,the first half is great movie, great scripting, just as the trailer promises, while the ending is unexpected ,it’s just an far too far an overloaded bloop (sad to say this but I was rooting for the movie when I went to the theater).



No comments:

Post a Comment