Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Gay, Straight, Bi..... I really don't give a fiddler f**k. life is good. I'm happy. and that's it



I was asked the other day whether I’m Gay or Hetero.

I'm happy, Life is good, and I have no desire, obligation, urges, eagerness to explain myself or identify it.

In the good old days I’ve told a lot of people I’m confused, and some time later I joked that I’m bi-sexual. Eager to answer or please.

All of that comes from an insecure teenage self, not fully understanding myself (mind, body, and soul) and giving in to others opinion and say what people think of me as I am.

So in the tradition of forgiving, and forgetting the past and moving forward, I am older and wiser, lesser doubt, learning more. I’m not confused, and I’m not your typical kinda guy.

I’ve dated women and guys. Both are great and all fun. And they are the past, my past.

My sexual encounters have only been with girls so I dun have any other kind of experience to compare with and I have no intention to compare any kinda relationship I have with and other relationship.

The fact is that I dun care which gender as long as it’s an honest and healthy relationship.

We human being judges too much. Some make it such a big deal. One girl told me: “So now I’m not only competing with my kind, I have to compete with the whole damn world?” Wait, who say that it’s a competition? You are the only one now that I am giving myself to, there’s no other, only you.

I’ve only dated one person at a time. Truthfully and wholehearted. It hurts when breakups happen but that is no excuse to dump yourself into self guilt and not move forward. There really are a lot of people in this world. Regardless of ages and gender, they are all fascinating people. So why not give yourself a chance, and share that love? And give yourself a break. Trust yourself. Believe in your soul. They are all good. Let yourself be loved. You are loved. You just have to open up to it. As in age, one of my friend met a great guy and he said he is too young, -10 years younger-, “but who cares?” you love him, he loves you, so you are the mature one in your work, he is the mature one in his idea and energy, that’s what you love him for and that’s what you want now. So we will change. For the better with time. Just go with it. The other one girl said, the man is too old. Goodness sake, you have dated guys younger than him and they are not in your range of intelligent and here’s a guy, 14 years older and mature, takes care of you, love you as any younger guy would and could. So why compare? Go ahead, take the leap. Yes it is scary. But ain’t life just about that? Taking chances and live?

and the No8 campaign?! all of that is a simple humanity statement, regardless, we are gay, straight, Christian, Muslims, Black, White, Asian, all is no excuse for hatred.


~~~ Andrew Phibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment